About

Banner

Monday 30 March 2020

I call this cocktail The Quarantine


I started out quarantine not feeling like drinking much, but at this point the day shading into evening is also peak Anxiety Hour. One night I wanted a cocktail but we were out of bourbon, a situation since remedied, but had plenty of cognac (made of grapes instead of corn mash!). Also we had Punt e Mes vermouth, so I mixed them together and added a dash of orange bitters. It was surprisingly good!

This drink is called The Quarantine because after you have one you don't feel like leaving the house. Turns out it's a riff on a Metropole or Vieux Carré, but only cognac and proportionally less vermouth. I like having less vermouth for that stronger, Manhattan-but-not-cough-syrupy flavor. Punt e Mes is also a little less saccharine than other brands of vermouth, I think. Classy!

Recipe: 

2 parts Cognac
1 part Sweet Vermouth (Punt e Mes for preference)
5 shakes orange bitters
Orange peel (or clementine peel if you've sanitized your oranges and can't use the skin)

Mix the cognac and sweet vermouth together with ice in a cocktail shaker. Add bitters and stir more. Pour into a glass, probably with the ice. Squeeze the orange peel and throw it in. Wash your hands before drinking.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I will make this for my birthday this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks how to wear suspenders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriÅŸ
    betpark giriÅŸ
    782CB

    ReplyDelete