About

Banner

Sunday 22 March 2020

more beauty tips

These are products I've used off and on for years, but today I used them in an almost-militant attempt to agree with myself that I do live in a body and I do want it to feel and look a certain way right now, despite many days of feeling to the contrary and I'm sure many more to come. 

- Clairol Root Touch-Ups. It's subtle enough that it blends in with most new growth. My color is 5R; when I was younger I went for a much more dramatic red, but now it's muted enough that I almost forget it isn't real, even though it's been 15 years. 

- Essie Gel Couture. I used to bite my nails, and this helped a lot. It lasts a really long time, much longer than any other drugstore polish I've ever used. Now not biting my nails feels like a civic duty! 

- Sally Hansen Spa Wax. This one is a lie; I didn't use it today (I did shave — a brag), but I used to a lot. It heats up in the microwave and does a decent job. It once came in a lavender scent, which appears to be discontinued, and always made me feel like a fancy lady, like I wasn't systematically ripping out follicles using something I'd just nuked in my kitchen. 

- Get in touch with your usual nail salon, or haircutter, or waxer, if you can, and Venmo or PayPal them the money you'd normally spend on an appointment, if you can.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute her tips Beauty tips face

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very helpful and this is so good to see that this blog contains all the necessary information we need. In quarantine, I use an online store to buy beauty products. Most of the time I use Look Coupons to get a discount on beauty products.

    ReplyDelete