About

Banner

Friday 13 March 2020

Things I forgot about in Mad Men

A few weeks ago, I started rewatching Mad Men for some reason (Jon Hamm's Disney prince face, that's the reason). This Wednesday — yes, that Wednesday — I finished the last episode and Don Draper in the series finale haunts me because it is also now what I look like every minute of every day:



Now, in no particular order, things in Mad Men that I forgot about:

[Spoilers below for Mad Men, even though this show ended 5 years ago so I feel the statute of limitations on spoilers is up]

1. Zou Bisou Bisouuu

2. How emotional the Burger Chef presentation would make me

3. Harry Crane is really the worst and I love Don's explicit loathing of him

4. That bizarre storyline with Pete's mom, Bob, and Manolo that ends with Manolo maybe pushing Pete's mom off a cruise ship after marrying her?? (thanks Kevin for reminding me)

5. Joan is still great and Greg ain't shit

6. Glen's, dare I say, glow up? How he comes back as a teen and kisses Betty and Betty's first reaction is just "I can't, I'm married"??

7. jk the real glow up was Sally



8. I'm still so mad about what they did to Betty!!

9. Ken loses an eye but it's ok, he published a short story in The Atlantic and Pete could only get a short story published in Boy's Life.

10. The sheer number of times they recast Bobby Draper thinking we wouldn't notice.

11. RIP Lane, who met a gruesome end similar to Jared Harris's other character in the HBO Chernobyl series. Give Jared Harris's characters a break!

12. The chip 'n' dip!

13. That time Colin Hanks was a PRIEST who Peggy had the hots for

14. Pete saying "“It’s a shameful, shameful day!”


brb now going to go look through my favorite mad men tumblr: https://madmenwiththingsdrawnonthem.tumblr.com/


4 comments:

  1. It’s me, Manolo. You can’t prove I killed Pete’s mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't I'm married"! Incredible lost gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drip. Drip. Drip. https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/05/tapping-a-maple-on-a-cold-vermont-morning/393344/

    ReplyDelete