About

Banner

Friday 13 March 2020

A hair change + a couple songs

When I was a little kid, I used to tell my mom that I wanted to have blue hair and that I wanted to change my name to Ishmael. Radical Tiny Toon Adventures queerness aside, I still kind of want blue hair! When I went on a walk to Duane Reade today to grab some toilet paper and see what was doing around the corner from me, I also picked up some shampoo with toner and dye kits etc. It's something to do. I don't have to go into the office for a couple of weeks and if it's bad I can just shave my head completely. (I'm balding anyways, who cares!) By the time I have to go back into the office, I'll have a neat, buzzed look. Looking forward to doing a kooky indoors activity when extreme boredom hits.

Three songs that I'm really enjoying while staying in the house for as long as I can:

Jhené Aiko, "Tryna Smoke"
This album is so nice and sleepy  for the current moment, I can't recommend it enough. It feels like waking up from nap on vacation. This song in particular is a pretty chill little moment worth putting on replay.

Ariana Grande, "Them Changes"
I went into a YouTube k-hole last night for a bit and played this Thundercat cover back a bunch of times. I wish the actual Thundercat was playing bass for her on this, but her cover is so weird and enjoyable. I hope she makes music like this one day because it's pretty evident she wants to. 

Lil Uzi Vert, "Celebration Station"
For something a little more upbeat, I can't think of a better song than "Celebration Station" right now. Hard to think of a better opening line of a song than "I can't do my dance because my pants—they're from France." I also love whatever the vocal is that's part of the beat. (It's actually fun to pretend that it's Ariana Grande even though it's not.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment