About

Banner

Monday 16 March 2020

Don't be a jerk when I invite you to my stardew valley farm, please

Los Angeles just announced its official lockdown at midnight last night (or, I guess this morning, technically). Obviously social distancing has been protocol for longer than that, though I'm glad that it's official now.

Ironically, since this has happened, the amount of socializing **NOTE: all done through the internet, and not in person, I'm not trying to be a vector** I have done has increased. People I haven't spoken to in years are texting, and I have video chatted some of my Slack groups and "met" people I have messaged for years despite never actually seeing them in person prior to this. I guess that's how a lot of friendships in this line of work work.

I also have had friends ask me for jigsaw puzzle and book recommendations, and a ton of non video player friends in my life have decided this is the time to get into multi-player gaming. As the people I live with put it "suddenly all of your anti-social hobbies are in demand." Thanks, I guess?

In the past week, I have played the first seven days of Stardew Valley multiplayer six times, basically teaching my self professed non gamer friends the basics of getting into a new game. Which leads me to the point of this blog, aka the image included below of my jerk friends FILLING MY HOUSE WITH THE FURNITURE FROM THEIR CABINS to the point where I couldn't get into bed and passed out. (This is a screenshot one of them took and sent to me after they'd done the deed, I didn't come into the room until, like, 1:30AM with a full inventory).


No comments:

Post a Comment